Terms and Conditions of Booking for First Aid and Health & Safety Courses:
- Candidates must attend all sessions in order to take the final assessment. Failure to attend all sessions may result in being withdrawn from the course and the full fee will be levied.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she is familiar with the prerequisites of the training and by booking, confirms that he/she can meet these requirements.
- The full fee will be charged in the event of the candidate being unable to complete or wishing to discontinue the course for whatever reason. This includes being withdrawn for medical grounds howsoever caused with exception of the difficulties relating to the Corona Virus. We are a caring business and will always do all we can to help reschedule without charge wherever possible.
- Course fees include certification, courseware and all assessment fees. Additional or replacement certification may attract an additional charge.
- Payment must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the scheduled start of the course unless otherwise agreed. Payment terms and methods are included on our Invoice.
- Written cancellations received with no less than 4 weeks’ notice will be accepted and refunded in full. Written cancellations of between 2 and 4 weeks’ notice prior to the start date of the course will incur a 50% charge.
- Written cancellations with less than 2 weeks’ notice prior to the start of the course, no shows on the day of the training or withdrawal from the course will incur a 100% charge. Substitutes can be nominated in place of the original candidate at short notice if required.
- The Programme is correct at time of printing and we reserve the right to change or amend if necessary. First Class First Aid will not be responsible for consequential losses.
- Courses require a minimum number of candidates; we reserve the right to cancel courses with an option of an alternative date or a full refund. In the unlikely event of this happening First Class First Aid will endeavour to give all those concerned as much notice as possible.
- In the event of First Class First Aid having to cancel the course in connection to the Corona Virus, or a candidate being unable to attend due to in regard to the Corona Virus, then they will be offered a mutually convenient alternative date to attend a future course. They can also nominate a substitute candidate if necessary/applicable. A credit for the course fee can can be held for 12 months.
- In the event of a candidate being judged unwell enough to attend the course or suspected of suffering symptoms of infection, including those of the Corona Virus, then we may refuse you acceptance onto the training that day and offer a mutually convenient alternative date to return and attend a future course. The instructor’s decision is final. First Class First Aid accept no responsibility for consequential losses howsoever caused in relation to all terms listed above.
Prerequisites for First Aid and Health and Safety Courses
First Aid and Health and Safety courses require you to be of average fitness in order to undertake certain practical elements throughout the course. This includes, but is not limited to kneeling, bending and being able to demonstrate certain physical competencies while carrying out CPR.
While the above poses very low risk, those with mobility problems or those in poor health may find certain tasks difficult. In addition, a good grasp of written and spoken English is required for those attending to complete the course successfully. The following prerequisites and guidance is formulated in order for you to ensure that you are fully prepared for what is involved within the course.
In order to enrol on the course it is helpful that you:
- Have a good grasp of written and spoken English. This is particularly important in order to complete the ongoing assessments within the course.
- Be in good general health, more specifically be happy to kneel, bend and be turned from front to back as part of the training.
- Attend all sessions of the training to gain certification.
- Advise us of any special educational needs you may have in relation to learning or absorbing a large amount of information in a fairly short time. Please contact us first so we can plan your learning and give extra help and advice prior to the course.
Updated March 2020