In line with the Governments initiative, Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are becoming more widely available, particularly in places where people gather, such as shopping centres, railway stations, airports and large workplaces. This 2 hour refresher session aims to ensure that those trained in the use of such equipment maintain their competence and meet the competencies laid down by the Resuscitation Council (UK).
Who should attend?
This 2.5 hour refresher session is recommended for those who already have an AED operators certificate. This session must be held during the certificates validity.
- Revision of CPR.
- Briefing on the necessity for de-fibrillation.
- Basic heart function and cardio-vascular system.
- Revision of an AED and how it works.
- Safety precautions.
- Practical CPR and AED session.
The trainee will be able to demonstrate safe and appropriate practice when using an AED in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines. This includes:
- Describing Ventricular Fibrillation and its significance.
- Explaining defibrillation.
- Explaining the importance of early defibrillation.
- Identifying when an AED should be used.
- Describing the maintenance requirements of an AED.
- Describing what records should be kept.
A certificate of competence will be issued to all successful delegates. The certificate is valid for 12 months.
|Per session of up to 6 Delegates||£250.00+vat||Cost includes all materials.|