This course meets HSE guidelines for the purposes of the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981.
First Aid at Work, also known as "FAW" can also be delivered as an Ofqual accredited/regulated level 3 qualification and is a workplace first aid course.
Training is usually delivered over 3 days/18 hours to qualify you as the First Aider in the workplace.
Training days do not have to be consecutive but must be a minimum of 4 hours per session. Workplace First Aid at Work training courses in Bournemouth, Poole & Dorset fill very quickly and early booking is advised.
Who should attend?
This course is particularly suited for medium/high risk organisations or for those with a large number of employees.
What you will learn?
This course covers all aspects of First Aid and meets the requirements of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The course is suitable for those staff who must obtain a First Aid At Work certificate (FAW) and become designated First Aiders in their workplace. The aim of the course is to equip delegates with the essential knowledge and practical experience to enable them to carry out first aid in the workplace. Delegates learn vital skills by participating in unique practical exercises.
- The duties of the first aider.
- Health and safety administration.
- Handling an incident and developing an action plan.
- Initial assessment of the casualty.
- Recognition and treatment of illness.
- Disorders of the breathing and respiratory system.
- Wounds and bleeding and the circulatory system.
- Dressings and bandages.
- Head injuries and the causes of unconsciousness.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Respiration and asphyxia.
- Burns and scalds.
- Eye injuries and conditions.
- Effects of heat and cold on the body.
- Muscle, joint and bone injuries.
- Spinal injuries.
- Electric shock.
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes.
- Transportation of casualties.
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy, etc.
- AED awareness training.
Meets HSE guidelines for First Aid at Work - Can also be Ofqual regulated/accredited and is a course of three days/18 hours.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively in order to treat a range of injuries and illnesses in the workplace.
- Use first aid equipment.
- Understand employer duties and legislation.
- Be aware of current first aid protocols.
- Maintain first aid records.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course which may include a final multiple choice question paper. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a recognised First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years from the date of issue. In order to revalidate this award the person concerned will have to complete a First Aid at Work Requalification course (FAW R) prior to expiry.
|Per Delegate||£205.00+vat||Costs are per delegate and include a personal reference manual, assessment and 3 year certification.
Training a small group in first aid can significantly reduce your overall cost per delegate. We aim to beat any for like for like training quotation. Please contact us.
|6 - 8 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation.|
|9 - 12 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation.|
|1 to 1 Tuition||£550.00+vat|
Annual Skills Update Training is recommended by the HSE every 12 months for all qualified first aiders in order that they remain competent throughout the validity of their qualification. This is to prevent skills fade and is in addition to the original course of training.
Click To Return to List of Courses