This course covers the role of the designated Fire Marshal. Preventing fire, how fire spreads, and the emergency procedures specific to your site. The course also includes attacking fires with the use of appliances for the means of escape.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all managers and supervisors and those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety. Designated Fire Marshals and anyone who needs to know how to use a fire extinguisher will also require this training.
What you will learn?
The course will present an insight into fire regulations and general fire precautions. It aims to provide you with the knowledge to be become a Fire Marshal. Each individual will have the chance to practice with live carbon dioxide and water extinguishers - the costly bit!
- The role of the Fire Marshal.
- Liaison with the fire service.
- Action on discovering a fire.
- Fire safety legislation.
- The chemistry of fire.
- Common causes of fire.
- Fire safety precautions.
- Fire drills and evacuation.
- How to use fire extinguishers.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Marshal.
- Take appropriate action on discovery of a fire and liaise with others appropriately.
- Understand the implications of fire safety legislation and how it affects the workplace.
- Identify the main causes of fires and control measures.
- How to use fire fighting equipment safely and appropriately.
- The importance of fire drills and evacuation procedures.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course. On Successful completion of the course the student will be awarded a Fire Marshal training certificate of attendance endorsed by First Class First Aid.
Per session of up to 12 Delegates
Cost includes all materials, certificates and a personal reference manual.
Less than 12 Delegates?
Please Contact Us
|Get in touch for a tailored quotation - We will not be beaten on price!|
4 or Less Delegates