This course meets HSE guidelines for the purposes of the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981.
The First Aid at Work Requalification training course can also be delivered as an Ofqual accredited/regulated level 3 qualification and is a workplace first aid course.
Normally delivered over 2 days/12 hours and is designed for those who already have a current workplace First Aid at Work certificate and wish to revalidate their qualification before its expiry date.
Who should attend?
The course is only suitable for those staff who already hold a current First Aid At Work certificate that is nearing expiry and who need to re-train to obtain a valid certificate.
What you will learn?
The requalification course is needed every 3 years to enable First Aiders to continue to hold a First Aid at Work full certificate. The syllabus covers all the details of the full first aid course in brief as well as providing any recent updates in First Aid procedures.
- The duties of the first aider.
- Health and safety administration.
- Handling an incident and developing an action plan.
- Initial assessment of the casualty.
- Recognition and treatment of illness.
- Disorders of the breathing and respiratory system.
- Wounds and bleeding and the circulatory system.
- Dressings and bandages.
- Head injuries and the causes of unconsciousness.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Respiration and asphyxia.
- Burns and scalds.
- Eye injuries and conditions.
- Heat and cold on the body.
- Muscle, joint and bone injuries.
- Spinal injuries.
- Electric shock.
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes.
- Transportation of casualties.
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy, etc.
- Updates in first aid procedures.
- AED Awareness training.
Meets HSE Guidelines - Can also be Ofqual regulated/accredited and is a course of 2 Days/12 Hours.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work.
- Treatment and management of a wide range of illnesses and injuries.
- Carry out CPR to unconscious non breathing casualties.
- Use first aid equipment.
- Understand employer duties and legislation.
- Be aware of current and updated first aid protocols.
- Maintain first aid records.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course which may include a final multiple choice question paper. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a recognised "First Aid at Work" certificate which is valid for three years from the date of issue.
|Per Delegate||£130.00+vat||Costs are per delegate and include a personal reference manual, assessment & certification fees.
Overall course costs can be significantly reduced if you require a small group to be trained. Please contact us for a tailored quotation that will beat our competitors. We will beat any like for like training offer!
|6 - 8 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation.|
|9 - 12 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation.|
|1 to 1 Tuition||
Annual Skills Update Training is recommended by the HSE every 12 months for all qualified first aiders in order so that they remain competent throughout the validity of their qualification. This is to prevent skills fade and is in addition to their original course of training.
Click To Return to List of Courses