This course meets HSE guidelines for the purposes of the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981.
Emergency First Aid at Work is also can also be a regulated/accredited level 2 course. This course of training will qualify you to be the ‘Emergency First Aider in the Workplace’ as required by the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981 (amended 2009).
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to become the Workplace First Aider as identified/required by the establishments’ risk assessment.
What you will learn?
How to effectively treat anyone who has been injured or who has suffered a medical emergency in the workplace.
- Aims of First Aid & Dealing With an Emergency.
- Priorities of treatment - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Recognition & treatment of regurgitation & use of face shields.
- Choking Adult, Child & Baby - Care of the Unconscious Casualty.
- Treatment of Bleeding & Shock
- Burns & Scalds.
- Management of Seizures.
- Recording Incidents & First Aid actions.
- AED Awareness training
Meets HSE guidelines for Emergency First Aiders - Can also be Ofqual accredited/regulated and is a minimum of a six contact hour course.
- To enable the delegate to carry out the duties of the Emergency First Aider as specified in the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981.
- To act safe, prompt and effectively in the workplace environment.
- Understand the current First Aid Regulations.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course which may include a final multiple choice question paper. On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a recognised certificate in workplace "Emergency First Aid at Work" which is valid for three years from the date of issue.
Costs are per delegate and include a personal reference manual & certification fees.
Contact us now!
|6 - 8 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation.|
|9 - 12 Delegates||Contact us for a tailored quotation.|
|1 to 1 Tuition||£170.00+vat|
Annual Skills Update Training is recommended by the HSE every 12 months for all qualified first aiders in order so that they remain competent throughout the validity of their qualification. This is to prevent skills fade and is in addition to their original course of training.
Click To Return to List of Courses